"WIN A MEDITATION TRAVEL KIT" (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA (with the exception of the province of Quebec) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
The Contest Sponsor is JeevanDharma Yoga, a registered business located in Waterloo, Ontario.
1) The Contest begins on Saturday July 5, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
ELIGIBILITY (PERSONS AND CONTEST PLATFORMS)
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this contest, you must:
4) Your Contest Participation
Your Contest Share must comply with the following specifications to be valid (the “Contest Share Specifications”):
5) UNLIMITED ENTRIES PER PERSON/ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. To increase your chances of winning, you are allowed to share the sponsors preconfigured messages without limit to as many individuals as you like. But only individuals that you shared your message with and that ALSO enter their email into the Contest Platform will trigger share points for your account.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON PARTICIPATING SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
6) On Thursday, August 8, at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted by private message on social media and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by private message within one (1) business day of notification and provide the Sponsor with a contact phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. The Sponsor will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which: a. confirms compliance with the contest rules; b. releases the Sponsor, its affiliated companies and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, the contest judges and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and c. grants to the Sponsor the right to use the selected entrant’s name, address and likeness in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation. - 3 - If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by private message within one (1) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
8) Prize: There will be one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) Meditation Travel Kit (“Grand Prize”). The meditation travel kit consists of one (1) meditation cushion, one (1) framed photograph and one (1) mala beads chain. The approximate retail value of all 3 items: $75 (CDN)
NOTE: Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in the Sponsor’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who is the owner of the Account.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
10) Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
11) You must warrant that your Contest Share meets the Entry Specifications, set out above. Sponsor reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest Share that Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Contest Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest Share must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest Share by Sponsor in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work ("Third Party Elements") included in your Contest Share.
12) Sponsor’s right to use your Contest Share: You acknowledge that your Contest Share will immediately appear in the social media feed of the Social Media Platform you will be using after it is posted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By posting a Contest Share, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Sponsor the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Share and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Share, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
13) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) By entering the Contest and sharing a Contest Share, each entrant: (i) without limiting the Social Media Platform Terms of Service grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Contest Share, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Contest Share in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Contest Share. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any Contest Share if a complaint is received with respect to the Contest Share, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Contest Share (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Contest Share does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Contest Share (and corresponding Entry) and/or the associated entrant.
15) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts on one any given Social Media Platforms, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
17) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
19) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with any of the Social Media platforms used in this Contest. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not the Social Media Platform.
© 2019 Gurumatha Amma